Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Baby's Room!

So, nesting has set in. I've got everything all ready for her arrival!!!

So the Crib... My mom found this crib on ksl.com for $25, and she refinished it for me and stained it. i LOVE it! Its awesome. She also sewed the bumper pad for it. She did an amazing job and i am so grateful for her!!!


The blankets are form Grandma Ivie. I Know the colors are neutral and it doesn't scream "ITS A GIRL", but i really like it. Its different :) 

The Changing table I got from my neighbor. So, my mom, being as awesome as she is, refinished that as well and made it match the crib. isn't she amazing! i'm so stinkin' lucky!

I finally got all the newborn stuff washed as well as all the blankets and such. I can't tell you how fun it is to wash all the cute little clothes and then fold them! They are so tiny and adorable!!! :) 
This is the closet. 

And finally, I got a diaper bag (which is all ready for her big day)!!! 
Yet again, pretty gender neutral. I tried to keep it pretty neutral because Kevin may carry it a time or two.... or three....  :)

We've only got a maximum of 3 weeks left. I'm currently 37 weeks along and am already progressing towards the "L" word. :) we are pretty excited! I just really want to see her!!!!! 


What else is new... I got another JOB! I currently work at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital full time, but i've been trying to get a job at Intermountain Healthcare, just a PRN position. After many interviews and maybe a hundred applications i FINALLY got a job!!! Its at the Riverton Hospital, and is like 5 min from where we are living! 
It is a gorgeous facility and is fairly new. I'll be working on the Med/Surg floor, and after 90 days, i can float to mother/baby or the altaview hospital. I'm pretty excited. I get to wear a uniform. they color code the nurses and the CNA's! I'm pretty excited!!! :) As for maternity leave, i'll be taking 8 weeks off work, and then i'll be back. It'll be nice because i work 3 days a week, so i can be with her the other 4. 

Well, I have a DR. appointment on wednesday, so maybe there will be another update!!! We will keep everyone updated about the baby!!! 





1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting Heather!!!!! Your Mommy is awesome! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete